|Job title:||Armed Security – Inmate Transport|
|Expected Salary:||$17.83 per hour|
|Job Publish Date:||Sat, 14 May 2022 07:58:49 GMT|
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
HIRING INMATE TRANSPORT SECURITY OFFICERS!!!
FULL TIME (MORNING / AFTERNOON SHIFTS)
MONDAY – FRIDAY
The Detention/Transportation Officer is responsible for the secure and safe transportation, guarding, and escorting of detainees from specified sites to designated points. Officers duties include, but are not limited to, armed transportation services, escorting detainees to and from transport vehicles, and monitoring detainees in custody in accordance with Agency Standards. Transportation services entail over the road transport services, courtroom guarding, security services, and other related transportation and guard duties. The Detention/Transportation Officer is responsible for ensuring that the transportation vehicles are in safe and correct working order. The Detention/Transportation Officer is to ensure that they are in complete control of the transport vehicles at all times and that vehicles are operated in a safe and legal manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned: * Inspect and prepare transportation vehicles for daily operation requirements; perform pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicles; fill out required paperwork to report any damage or defects
- Conduct pat-down searches of detainees; ensure that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle; ensure that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations
- Safe operation of vehicles; ensures that all safety and legal measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Conduct Stationary/Remote Guarding while standing by at Federal Courthouses, Hospital, and/or other locations as directed
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Respond to emergencies and make emergency notifications as necessary pursuant to site Post Orders
- Make productivity and cost reduction recommendations to management
- Make recommendations for physical security surveys and post orders
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in any combination of the following:
- Law enforcement officer
- Corrections officer
- Military policeman
- Must be at least 21 years old or minimum age required by the State
- Must be fluent, both orally and in writing, in English, at a high school level and be clearly understandable
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information:
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: .